To apply to study general medicine at JFMED, please complete the e-application. The latest you can apply for the 2022/23 academic year is 1st August 2022.
With your e-application you will be asked to submit:
1. Copy of your passport (front page containing your picture and basic personal information)
2. Copy of your End of the Secondary Education Certificate (at this stage, the Certificate does not need to be translated into Slovakian). If don't yet have your Certificate, please contact the JFMED Admission Office and arrange for it to be submitted at a later stage.
3. Copy of Certificate of Fitness – a note issued by your doctor confirming that you are able to study at the university level. We accept Certificate of Fitness issued in English and German languages. The Certificate must be legible, signed and stamped by the doctor.
If you have a disability or special needs (visual impairment, dyslexia, etc.), you may submit a request for reasonable adjustment. Please contact Eva Štermenská at eva.stermenskauniba.sk for more information. Please note that you will be asked to submit evidence in support of your request.
Application instructions in detail
In the first step, when you are searching for the right study program and the faculty, enter the key word General Medicine.
If you want to study General Medicine at the Jessenius Faculty of Medicine in Martin, please select the study program according the following key characteristics:
Vla: General Medicine
JLF: Jessenius Faculty of Medicine in Martin, 2022/2023
Teaching language: English
Then click on Add to briefcase and start filling-in your application. After all parts of your application have been completed, you will upload the following attachments:
A - Copy of passport- to check correctness of your personal data in the application
B - General Certificate of Secondary Education- completed secondary education at the appropriate level is the basic requirement for admission to higher education institution. If you do not yet have your final GCSE, you need to send it as soon as it is issued
C – Medical certificate of fitness to study
2. You will receive a confirmation email after your application has been completed, confirmed and successfully submitted to our admission office. You will be asked to choose one of the following dates for the online admission test.
June 4, 2022 - application deadline 22 May, 2022
July 9, 2022 - application deadline 27 June, 2022
August 12, 2022 - application deadline 1 August, 2022
Please note that you are allowed to sit the admission test only once.
3. Send your General Certificate of Secondary Education by post - the original with the authentication of signature and seals on it (apostille/superlegalization) until the date of your admission test.
Address: JFMED, Admission Office, Study Department, Malá Hora 4A, 036 01 Martin, Slovakia
If you can´t submit your GCSE on time, please submit a request for exemption by sending an e-mail to email@example.com