Scientific-research activity at JFMED CU in Martin consists of:
- projects of national grant agencies APVV (Slovak Research and Development Agency), Ministry of Health of the SR, VEGA (Scientific Grant Agency) and KEGA (Cultural and Educational Grant Agency) and MŠVVaŠ SR (The Ministry of Education, Science, Research and Sport of the Slovak Republic)
- projects supported by grants of Comenius University in Bratislava
- projects of international cooperation
- the involvement of students of JFMED CU in research activities within ŠVOČ (Students´ Scientific Research Activity) and support of research within doctoral studies
- organization of faculty scientific conferences.
Scientific- research activity is based on the objectives that have been defined in details in the Long-term development plan of JFMED CU for the period 2014-2024.
Current specialization in research is concentrated into several complex areas:
- Molecular Biology
Research in this area focuses a significant portion of the human and economic capacities of JFMED CU and substantially contributes to the creation of results of the scientific-research activities and increases qualification of JFMED employees.