Postgraduate PhD study
The PhD study is the highest level of higher education. The Jessenius Faculty of Medicine provides PhD studies in 17 study programmes accredited in 5 authorized fields of study.
Duration of doctoral studies:
- Full-time form of study: 4 years
- Part-time form of study: 5 years
- PhD study is organized according to the legal regulations and an individual student´s study plan that is drawn up by the supervisor and approved by the Board of Programme Guarantors.
Individual study plan
Individual study plan of a PhD student consists of a study part and a scientific part, including teaching and lecturing (max. 4 hours per week/year = 208 hours/year = 104 hours/semester) and other related activities.
I. Study part
- a course in Methodology of Scientific and Research Work
- a foreign language proficiency exam
- a course in Basics of Statistical Analyses
- an individual study according to the subjects listed in the study plan
II. Scientific part
- team work or individual work in research related to the topic of the dissertation
- this part is organized by the supervisor
The forms of a PhD student´s progress assessment are as follows:
- annual assessment of a PhD student´s progress
- dissertation examination
- dissertation defense