- Basic and specialised treatment and preventive care for patients with disorders of the peripheral and central nervous system, muscular diseases, and disorders of the axial skeleton in the catchment area.
- Diagnostics and treatment for complicated disease conditions, where the diagnostics and treatment were unsuccessful in hospitals and polyclinics of a lower type
- Highly specialised diagnostics, treatment and preventive care for the whole of Slovakia for selected groups of diseases, in which the Clinic of Neurology of JFMED CU and UHM has proven an exceptional level of care and experience.
- Ensures and carries out the theoretical and practical specialised clinic preparation of students of the Jessenius Faculty of Medicine of Comenius University in Martin
- Provides accredited specialised study in neurology
- Provides full-time and part-time doctoral study (third cycle of university studies) in the field 7.1.11 - neurology
- Ensures and carries out scientific research activities and provides expert opinions in the field of neurology
NON-STANDARD DIAGNOSTIC AND THERAPEUTIC METHODS
- Prion diseases (the highest number of diagnosed patients in Slovakia, EEG, MR, protein 14-3-3, E200K, codon129)
- Epilepsy (non-invasive video-EEG monitoring, referral for epileptic surgery consultation at NUSA Brno)
- Cerebrovascular diseases (USG, CTA, MRA, super-selective 3D DSA, HMPAO SPECT)
- Neuromuscular disorders (quantitative EMG, single fibre EMG)
- Multiple sclerosis (MRI, EP ascendant and descendant, complex examination of the CSF, neuropsychology, OCT, selected genetics and immunology)
- Systemic intravenous and local intra-arterial rt-PA thrombolysis, sonothrombolysis, mechanical thrombectomy
- Percutaneous transluminal angioplasty with the application of extracranial or intracranial stenting
- Embolisation of aneurysms, A-V malformations and tumours
- Non-standard electrophysiology laboratory (EEG, EP, EMG)
- One-off, paired and repetitive magnetic stimulation
- Parkinson’s disease (DATSCAN)
- VNG (videonystagmography) examination and vestibular testing
- Testing of new diagnostic and therapeutic methods (grants and clinical studies)
Centre for the diagnosis and treatment of multiple sclerosis
Stroke and MTE centres – systemic intravenous thrombolysis and endovascular mechanical thrombectomy
Centre for auto-immune and degenerative neuromuscular disorders
Centre for extrapyramidal disorders
Immunological treatment of neuro-immune disorders
Physicians: prof. MUDr. Egon Kurča, PhD., MUDr. Jozef Michalik, PhD., doc. MUDr. Ema Kantorová, PhD., MUDr. Natália Jankovičová, MUDr. Marek Tarčák, MUDr. Milan Grofik, PhD., MUDr. Monika Turčanová Koprušáková, PhD.
Endovascular interventional neuroradiology:
Physicians: doc. MUDr. Kamil Zeleňák, PhD., FCIRSE, prof. MUDr. Egon Kurča, PhD., FESO – cooperation with the Radiology Clinic of JFMED CU and UHM
Treatment of hyper-acute strokes
Physicians: Prof. MUDr. Egon Kurča, PhD., FESO, MUDr. Jozef Michalik, PhD., doc. MUDr. Vladimír Nosáľ, PhD., FESO
Therapeutic application of botulinum toxin
Physicians: MUDr. Monika Turčanová Koprušáková, PhD., prof. MUDr. Egon Kurča, PhD., MUDr. Jozef Michalik, PhD.
Treatment of refractory epilepsy
Physicians: MUDr. Babeta Hofericová, MUDr. Jozef Michalik, PhD., MUDr. Jana Zeleňáková, MUDr. Klaudia Kalmárová, PhD.
Treatment of refractory vertebrogenic syndromes
Physicians: MUDr. Jozef Michalik, PhD., prof. MUDr. Egon Kurča, PhD., MUDr. Patrik Kašovič
Deep brain stimulation (DBS), permanent duodenal or apomorphine pumps in patients with Parkinson’s disease
Physicians: prof. MUDr. Egon Kurča, PhD., MUDr. Milan Grofik, PhD., MUDr. Ján Necpál, MUDr. Patrik Kašovič – cooperation with prof. MUDr. Miroslavom Galandom, CSc. and MUDr. Tomáš Galanda, Neurosurgery Clinic of SZU and FNFDR Banská Bystrica
Vestibular testing and videonystagmography (VNG)
Physicians: doc. MUDr. Štefan Sivák, PhD., prof. MUDr. Egon Kurča, PhD.